About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Delino DeSheilds And Delino DeShields Have A Surprise Family Moment A Father's Day Preview






It was a Father's Day preview at Surprise Stadium when the Reds visited the Texas Rangers.

Delino DeShields elder is the first base coach for the Reds.  His son Delino (has a different middle name) is the center fielder for the Texas Rangers.

The two met at home plate to exchange lineup cards and hugs. It was set up by the Texas staff.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
"We talked about it yesterday," the elder DeShields said.  "He called me and said his manager had mentioned it. It feels pretty good. I'm proud of him.  Hopefully, we can do this a few more times."

The younger DeShields was content with a handshake in front of the crowd.  The elder pulled off a hug.

"It is natural for me. I'm a hugger," DeShields said.  "It felt good.  We talked about it when he was a young kid.  I'm looking forward to June."

The Rangers play a weekend series June 14,15 and 16 at Great American Ball Park.  Father's Day weekend.
ht[[s://amazon.com/

"Thar will be real special.  Hopefully, we'll both be playing well," DeShields said. "It will be a good series for us."

Reds' manager David Bell can relate.  His father and grandfather both played for the Reds.  His father Buddy is a former manager, who now works in player development with the Reds.

"That's got to be really cool.  It is just hard to imagine what that feels like.  I should know.  I've been on the other side," Bell said.  "That was fun to see."


http://donatelifeohio.org/








No comments:

Post a Comment