About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Anthony DeSclafani Makes It Through Camp Healthy






For the first time since 2015, Anthony DeSclafani made it through spring training without injury.

"I'm just glad I made through camp.  That's awesome," DeSclafani said.  "I'm happy with the progress I made pitching wise but obviously, health wise, it;s been frustrating the past few years.  I'm excited to get back to Cincinnati and see an Opening Day."

DeSclafani went deepest into the game against Kansas City than any of the Reds pitchers have done this season.  He pitched 5 2/3 innings.  The 28-year old allowed three hits and a walk through four innings, including a home run by Chris Owings

Desclafani left the game when it was a 5-5 tie but the minor leaguers let the game get away in the last two innings in a 14-6 loss.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
The fifth was problematic. DeSclafani gave up four run on three hits but could have been out of the inning without a run. Nick Senzel misplayed Meigrys Viloria's fly to center for a double.  One out later, Billy Hamilton doubled to score Viloria.  Eugenion Suarez made a nice charging play on a ground ball for the second out.

"I liked today.  Up until that fifth inning, I still felt good. I got a little predictable," DeSclafani said. "I'm not going to let one inning deter me from this outing.  I got a lot of work with the curveball. I'm trying to mix it up.  Overall it was a good day."

"As far as fastball location and throwing the slider, it was good work.  I got a little weary in the last inning," DeSclafani said.  "I was able to throw the curveball a lot.  It is going to be a good pitch for me.  I have to keep throwing it to get a feel for it."
ht[[s://amazon.com/

Bell thought the outing was good too.

"I told when he came out of the game that it was a good game for him," Bell said.  "He was solid four four innings.  He gave up some runs but overall it was a good day."


http://donatelifeohio.org/


The Reds had a good offensive day while the regulars were in the game.

Scooter Gennett had two hits.  Joey Votto walked twice. Eugenio Suarez had two hits  Yasiel Puig was 1-for-3.  Senzel had a double.  Jose Peraza had two hits and drove in three runs.  Tucker Barnhart walked twice.

"We really hit the ball hard," Bell said.  'We're going deeper in games and they all had good at bats."








No comments:

Post a Comment