About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, August 10, 2018

Scott Schebler Throwing The Towel




If you read the headline too fast you might think that Scott Schebler is giving up on the season but that is not the case.  Scehbler injured his right shoulder running into the wall in St. Louis a day before the All-Star break.

Part of Schebler's rehab protocal is making a throwing motion with a towel in his hand.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
"Throwing a towel is part of the program,"Schebler explained. "You don't release it or anything.  It is just moving the shoulder.  I guess with the AC joint the pain is going to be over-the-head pain. That's why swinging the bat was fine.  Now, that I'm starting to do over the head exercises, there is no pain with that."

He starts a throwing program either Sunday or Monday and once he is able to throw, he will come back.

"I feel like I'm a tough guy, that it was something I could play through but know pitcher wants a guy out there that can't throw the baseball," Schebler said.

Schebler was at Louisville taking at bats as the DH.

"I was DHing and tried to play left.  I think I just rushed it.  I had one competitive throw that game. It did not go very well," Schebler said.  "I had problems sleeping on it that night.  I came in the next day and was like hey, I think its best to shut it down."

Since he has had some at bats as a DH, it won't take him long to come back once he begins to throw.

"I feel like, I was making progress then take a step back.  I threw a towel today.  That was a big step.  Everything is going well.  I start throwing Sunday or Monday.  I'm pretty excited about that."

Schebler is not the only position player with a reserved seat in the training room.

Joey Votto, who was plunked on the knee by Ryan Madson in Washington, is back in the lineup against the Arizona Diamondbacks.

"We kept him off his knee the last couple days in New York and then the off day," Jim Riggleman said.  "He contacted me and he told me that he was ready to go tonight."
Newly acquired outfielder, Preston Tucker was hit on his left instep in New York.  He hasn't played the last two games.

http://donatelifeohio.org/
"It was one of those that it looked like nothing really happened but it's extremely painful," Riggleman said.  "That ball bounced before it hit him.  So, it wasn't like some of the shots you see guys hit with but it got him in a bad area.  Yesterday, was the first day that he was able to run around.  He is available tonight."

Tucker is not in the lineup.  Phillip Ervin, Mason Williams and Billy Hamilton will patrol the Reds' outfield.

Tucker is feeling much better and X-rays were negative.

"It became a matter of pain tolerance," Tucker said.  "I get hit on my back foot more often than not.  Usually, it doesn't hurt.  This one just hit me in a painful spot.  I try to avoid the trainers room as much as possible.  I have had treatment on it every day.  I have been running on it.  I feel it but the pain is way down."








No comments:

Post a Comment