About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Sean Marshall is the Closer For Now

The Reds have decided that Sean Marshall will be the closer for now.

"Marshall is our closer for right now," Dusty Baker said. "He's closed a few games but not a lot. He can throw that breaking ball for strikes anytime he's ready. Things don't faze him. He's been around awhile."

Marshall signed with Cincinnati and signed an extension early in camp. He expressed an interest in closing then.

"It is the premiere job in the bullpen. I am confident that I can get people out if I'm given the ball in the ninth or 10th inning."

2 comments: