About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Joey Votto Contract Extension

It was reported that Joey Votto was near signing a contract extension worth $200 million.

I caught Votto coming off the field during the Reds 2-1 win over Cleveland.

Are you close to signing an extension?

"You'll have to ask Walt Jocketty about that," Votto said.

Are you negotiating an extension?

"Ask Walt about that."

I checked the owners box twice and could not find Jocketty.

When Bronson Attoyo left, I asked if he was going to borrow a couple bucks from Votto. His reaction.

"Did he sign that extension? I told him this morning that he wasn't going to sign the extension because Bob Castellini doesn't sell enough salad. He (Votto) laughed."

No comments:

Post a Comment