About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, March 15, 2021

Shogo Akiyama Is Out





Shogo Akiyama will be out "a few weeks" according to Reds' manager David Bell.

The Reds outfielder left the game Saturday with a strained left hamstring.

Akiyama was back a week from attending to his wife who was struck by a fallen tree in Sharon Woods.  

The injury opens up a spot in the Reds' crowded outfield, temporarily.

"Shogo could be back sooner," Bell said.  "He works hard and i know he wants to be out there."

The good news for the Reds is that starting left handed pitcher, Wade Miley, who had also strained his left hamstring on Thursday, will make his scheduled appearance against the Colorado Rockies on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment