About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, March 21, 2021

Joey Votto Returns To Reds' Camp

 




Joey Votto returned to the Reds' camp in Goodyear, Arizona on Sunday morning.

After 10 days in quarantine, he passed the rigorous tests from MLB to allow his return, although technically he remains on the Injured List.

"It is good to be back with my teammates," Votto said.  "I kept up through box scores and correspondence with my teammates.  I didn't watch or listen to games because I was more concerned with how they were feeling about their play.  We all know that statistics in spring training don't mean a lot."

Votto, who is notoriously a slow starter in spring was off to a good start.  He participated in four Cactus League games with four hits in nine at bats.

Votto is expected to work out for a couple of days before a decision is made when to put him into 'A' games.


Options:

Shortstop prospects Jose Garcia was optioned to Triple A Louisville along with C Deivy Grullon, OF Scott Heineman, RHP Hector Perez and RHP Art Warren.  !B Cheslor Cuthbert was re-assigned to minor league camp.









No comments:

Post a Comment