About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Brandon Phillips and Joey Votto Will Start The All-Star Game






Brandon Phillips and Joey Votto have been elected by the fans to start the 2013 All-Star game at Citi Field, the home of the New York Mets.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/

Aroldis Chapman was selected by NL manager Bruce Bochy.

The game will be on July 16.









The All-Star Reds had the following to say:

Aroldis Chapman.

"This means a lot since it is my third year and my second all-star game.
It will feel good my parents are going to be there watching the game.  They came over in January and were with me in spring training.  I means a lot when you're chosen by the players."

"The rest of the family will be here soon, I hope."

"A lot of people follow the game in Cuba.  Last year someone gave my parents a video of the game."

Joey Votto

"It's a real honor.  I've been elected by the fans three times.  This year it will be special because I'm playing beside Brandon."

"Every thing is finite.  There will be an end to my career.  I want to enjoy as many of these experiences as I can.  I remember sitting on my couch cheering for Josh Hamilton in that home run derby.  It was fun after having played with him..  To get to watch it on TV was really fun for me."

   On trying to get his first All-Star hit.

I'm so grateful to be a part of it.  I want to do well but it doesn't have too much meaning to me."

Brandon Phillips

"It shows anything is possible.  I want to thank the fans for voting for me.  It is a dream come true.  It is something that I can check off my goals..  I want to thank my teammates.  It's an honor."

"The all-star game is fun.  It can be a lot of work but it is fun.. It's great to represent your team.  I'm looking forward to it."

"I didn't pay attention to the vote after what happened last year."


Professionally edited by ML Schirmer
for proof reading services call
513-240-3120


No comments:

Post a Comment