About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Scott Rolen Is Close To Returning

Scott Rolen has been taking batting practice and ground balls the last week.

Rolen had been "actively" resting an aching left shoulder that was repaired with an operation last September.

The veteran thirdbaseman will go on a rehab assignment with Louisville and plans to join the team in Cleveland on June 18.

"We hope he's ready.  First we had to determine if he needed a rehab assignment or not.  Since he missed so much time, the minds got together and determined.that is was best that he get at least a couple days in before joining us," Dusty Baker said.  "Louisville is very convenient for him and so is Cleveland.  I hear its a beautiful drive there."

There was laughter at the thought of that drive up I-71.

"I'm not being facetious, I've heard it was a nice drive," Baker said.  "It's paradise compared to the southwest, right?"

Drew Stubbs has been missing 10 days with a strained oblique and he was one of the flu victims this week.

"We haven't made a decision on Stubbs yet.  If he's feeling better we hope he can hit today," Baker said.

Stubbs can be disabled retroactive to June 5th, if he is not used in the meantime.





No comments:

Post a Comment