About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Manny Acta Lightens Mood With Bull Durham Quotes

Following a heated exchange about the war of words between Derek Lowe and Dusty Baker, Cleveland manager Manny Acta lightened the mood while addressing the assertion by Lowe that it's the end of a long road trip and players get tired and cranky.

Lowe was not talking about the beanballs exchanged last night that has caused controversy this morning but offering a reason that the Indians have played poorly in the first two games of the series.

Acta isn't buying that.


"No I'm not going to give you the quotes from Bull Durham but I believe in pitching, catching the ball and hitting doubles with the bases loaded.  I don't believe in that.  No one claimed to be cranky or tired when we went into St. Louis and took two out of three. We have faced very good pitching and they have played better so give them the credit," Acta said

"Besides we have a lot of these trips during the season."
.
The Bull Durham reference invited the question of Acta's favorite quote from the movie.

"Ah winning is like better than losing.  That's my favorite one.  Lolly gagging you know what that makes you?  Lolly gaggers."



Professionally edited by ML Schirmer
For proofreading services
Call 513-240-3120

No comments:

Post a Comment