About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cueto Pitches Rehab Against Norfolk in Louisville

Johnny Cueto
Johnny Cueto is a bit behind Homer Bailey but he threw 99 pitches against Norfolk early Sunday.

Cueto pitched 4 2/3 innings, allowing two runs (one earned) on five hits and two walks.  He struck out six.

Unlike Bailey, who is tentatively scheduled to make his season debut on May 10, Cueto has not been told when he will rejoin the big club according to Dusty Baker.

Cueto left an exhibition game against Texas on March 11 with tightness in his forearm and biceps.  He was scratched the remainder of the spring and the start of the 2011 campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment