About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Mike Leake Pleads Guilty to 4th Degree Misdemeanor

Mike Leake did in fact purchase six t-shirts from Macy's department store on April 2nd and was able to produce a credit card statement.

Leake as reported by WCPO-TV tried to return the merchandise without consulting a Macy's employee.

"I set the six shirts down and got the correct sizes for myself and proceeded to walk out," Leake said.  "I was stopped and I realize how much of a bonehead move it was.  It was very wrong and I sincerely apologize.  It was a serious lapse of judgement and for that I would be willing to do anything I have to do.  I will be doing the diversion program and I will gladly do whatever they have me do for my mistake."

Leake pleaded guilty to misuse of property.  The judge accepted his application into the diversion program.  He must also complete 30 hours of community service and once completed the charges will be dropped.

No comments:

Post a Comment