About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Michael Lorenzen Returns May Close Games In Place Of Raisel Iglesias







Michael Lorenzen returned from his rehab stint in Penascola on Wednesday.  Lorenzen was out with a right shoulder strain.   Austin Brice was placed on the disabled list with a with a mid-back strain.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
Raisel Iglesias went on the disabled list with soreness in his left bicep.  Iglesias felt it last week when he reached for a ball with his glove hand.  He was pitching through it but it was still bothering him.

"It is tender.  It prevents him from extending out with his front arm," Jim Riggleman said.  "Instead of dealing with it, we decided to put him on the DL. I don't know if it was a ball thrown back to him or a chopper hit to him but he reached.  It was brought to my attention that he was feeling it.  The next couple days we are going to Colorado, we have to have pitchers who are healthy.  We can use (Jared) Hughes and/or Lorenzen."

Lorenzen pitched against Jackson for Pensacola on Sunday.  He threw 20 pitches in two innings, retiring all six batters, including Colerain/UC grad, Ryan Atkinson who grounded out on a good sinker.

“I feel good. I pitched two innings my last time," Lorenzen said. "I got a day off, so I’m ready to go. It’s their decision. I’m sure the training staff is happy that I won’t be arguing with them any more. I wanted to be back three weeks ago. I’m excited to be able to come back and plug right in. I’ve felt great for a while. I’ve been feeling really, really good for a really, really long time, but they had to check all the boxes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment