About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Bryan Price Circles Wagons And Waits For The Cavalry




The Cleveland Indians made Custer's Last Stand look like a poetry reading in ambushing the Reds and their tattered and torn pitching staff.  They scored 15, 13, 8 and 7 runs in sweeping the Ohio Cup series for the first time ever.

Last night the Seattle Mariners were like the Ivory Coast pirates when they shanghaied a 9-3 win on Friday overcoming a 3-0 lead over the last three innings.

Reds' manager Bryan Price, whose belt has become a threat to his well being, is circling the wagons and waiting desperately for the calvalry.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
"I was looking at the possible activation dates of the pitchers on the disabled list this morning," Price said. "Homer Bailey won't be here until July.  Iglesias, Lorenzen and DeSclafani will be ready sometime in June."

The returning starters will have a ripple effect on the Reds' bullpen.  Several of them will be in the minor leagues or released when the varsity comes back.

"We have to pitch better or we have to find better," Price said after the Friday night loss to the Mariners that wasted a quality start by Dan Straily.

Jon Moscot was blasted for nine runs by the Indians Triple A team in Columbus on Friday night.


“My left arm feels good, so that’s a good takeaway," Moscot said.. "I was just up in the zone and they hit me around pretty good. You scratch your head sometimes. You make adjustments. Physically, I felt good. At least it was in rehab and not up here. I’m looking forward to the next one.”

Moscot is the closest to returning to the fold.

"I read the reports," Price said. "Mack Jenkins and I watched the video.  He had a good arm side sinker.  He got hit with power when he made a lot of mistakes in the zone."





No comments:

Post a Comment