About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, March 11, 2016

Zack Cozart In A Game, Passes First Test In Spite Of A Slip








Zack Cozart passed the biggest test on his reconstructed knee.

Cozart had a single in two at-bats in his first game this spring. Cozart had knee surgery in June.  Cozart injured his knee by extending his leg to reach for firstbase in a game with Philadelphia on June 10.  He had surgery six days later.

Cozart slipped trying to get to a ground single by Renato Nunez to raise eyebrows in the Reds’ dugout.

“We had a moment of pause when he slipped on the backhand,” Reds’ manager Bryan Price said. “It wasn’t a concern to him but it was to us.”

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
Cozart was nervous during his first at bat.

“My first at bat I couldn’t calm it down,” Cozart said. “I did things I hadn’t done in nine months, I slipped and fell, got up. I went back on a fly ball. I ran bases, touched the base and hit and ran out of the box.  All the things that are tough to emulate.  It’s been so long, nine months and a day.  On the slip, I was just upset that I didn’t get to the ball. Mentally, I feel good and I’m glad it’s over.”

"On the hit by Schebler, I stopped thinking about touching the base," Cozart said.

"I have never been away from playing in a game for nine months in my life,"

No comments:

Post a Comment