About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Bryan Price Looking For A Hot Month



The Reds have had two months of mediocre baseball and their first year manager still believes a good month is in the team, yet.

"The guys have been working hard. There is no complaint about these guys and the effort. That being said, he results haven't been great," Price said. "It could be lot worse.  We're eight games out. We're five games under .500 and we haven't played terribly well."

"We haven't had that one good month yet," Price said.  "We're confident."

Getting the old Joey Votto back will help but Price knows they need more than that.

"I don't think we can talk about one person coming into to carry us for two weeks," Price said. "We are going to have to be better collectively.  To me what verifies that a team expects to win is effort. At times we've had a couple guys that haven't run the ball out had. That bothers me. It's disappointing to me  We address it and will continue to be address it.  We need guys that bust their tails every day. As long as we get that it's hard to complain."

No comments:

Post a Comment