About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Reds Reaction to Votto's Injury

Brandon Phillips


“I’ve got no comment about that.”

Could you bat third?

“I just go out and do my job. Whatever role they put me in, I just try to do what’s best for the team.
“I’m just talking about us winning. We should’ve won tonight. That’s a good team, but they’ve been down. It sucks that we lost.”

Miguel Cairo and Todd Frazier will work at firstbase in Votto's absence

"Miguel is a veteran," Jay Bruce said.  "He understands the situation. Frazier has been doing well.We have no choice.  Just look what the Dodgers did with Matt Kemp out.  They weathered the storm and we're easily as capable. Once we get through it we'll realize how much stronger we are when we get Joey back."

Todd Frazier

"It's a huge blow.  We knew his knee was hurting but we didn't know the extent.  It's definitely a blow to the team.  We're going to have to come together a little bit more. We have to keep working.  We have the good corp of guys that can step up, including myself. It's going to be a tough grind but at the same time our pitching staff has been doing it all year."

"He's an MVP, a Gold Glover, what more can you ask in a guy.  Injuries are huge in baseball. He's got that presence.  Whenever he is out there, he can do damage."

"We have to build on this.  We still have a good team.  We'll come up clutch as well."

"I've been playing all over the last couple years.  I can give Scotty a break when he needs it or I can play first, no problem.  I'm just trying to contribute, just like everybody else."

Bronson Arroyo

"I saw him in the parking lot as I was driving in.  He looked a little funny.  I said man are you playing today. He said I need to get surgery.  He's obviously the cornerstone of our lineup.  It's that time of year when we're really going to have to fight to stay on top.  The good part is if we weather the storm and are still near the top, it will be a big lift when he does come back.  It's not a good prognosis for our team."







No comments:

Post a Comment