About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Scott Rolen Off the DL Kristopher Negron Sent Back

The Reds activated Scott Rolen from the 15-day disabled list.  Kristopher Negron was optioned to Triple A Louisville.

Rolen was inserted immediately into the starting lineup against the Cleveland Indians.  He has been taking batting practice and fielding ground balls for two weeks.  Rolen just completed a weekend rehab assignment in Louisville where he was 2-for-6 with a home run.


Rolen will play thirdbase against Derek Lowe and the Cleveland Indians and bat seventh.  

Todd Frazier, who filled in at third during Rolen's absence will be the designated hitter and will bat eighth..  

No comments:

Post a Comment