About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ryan Ludwick Is Out Sick, Bray Trying to Get Ready in a Hurry

Ryan Ludwick was supposed to play last night against Texas. He tried to play but was scratched due to nausea.

He reported to Goodyear this morning and the Reds sent him home.

"He was sicker this morning," Dusty Baker said. "We want to quarantine him so no one else gets sick. He tried to play last night and wanted to come in today."

Bill Bray is going to have to struggle to get ready by opening day. Does he have enough time?


"I don't know man," Baker said. "You're asking me questions that are impossible to know. We're talking about a short period of time. You have to get a certain amount of innings. Have days off in between and go back to back a couple times, plus everybody is different."

Bray said he feels better.

"I'm happy to see him back on the mound," Baker said. "He always says that (he feels better)."

Bray thinks he can and will push himself to get ready.

"I have three more games scheduled to pitch," Bray said. "I will do my best to get ready."

There is a fine line between accelerating the process and rushing him.

"You want them back but you don't want to rush them. That's counter productive," Baker said.

No comments:

Post a Comment