About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, September 12, 2011

St X and Colerain Two Great Teams One Great Game

It was like a heavy weight fight.  Two good and talented teams giving it their all at Colerain Stadium, the cage on Friday night.

Every yard was contested.  St. X would make a play, then Colerain would make a play.  Someone had to lose and as disappointed as I am that my Colerain alma mater had its 61-game home winning streak snapped 17-14, I'm very proud of the way they played.

They will in all probability meet in the post season, St X upset Colerain by a single point in last season but that was on Colerain.  They made a few mistakes that cost them the game.

That was not the case Friday.  While there were mistakes on both side, I'm sure, they were small mistakes or forced by good play by the opposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment