About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Reds End a 21 Inning Drought Phillies Staff a "Coaching Miracle"

Joey Votto hit a sacrifice fly to score Brandon Phillips in the third inning.

The Reds last scored in the eighth inning on Monday.  Philadelphia pitching shut the Reds out the last two nights.

The Phillies pitching staff is as strong as 6-3.

"Their pitching staff is paid more than our entire payroll.  They earn their money," Dusty Baker said.

Former Cincinnati Reds interim manager and current Philadelphia Phillies coach had an alternate explanation, "It's a coaching miracle."

No comments:

Post a Comment