About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Arroyo Falls One Inning Short Of His Goal

Bronson Arroyo pitched eight innings against the New York Mets in his final start.

Unless he pitches an inning in relief on Wednesday, Arroyo will finish the season with 199 the first time since 2004 when he pitched 178 innings for the Boston Red Sox.

Edgar Renteria pinch hit for Arroyo in the ninth inning with the Reds trailing 4-3.  The Reds tied the game on Juan Francisco's double.   Francisco hit for Brandon Phillips, who left with a pulled quad.  Phillips batting average is an even .300.

No comments:

Post a Comment