About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ducks On The Pond At Dragons Game

Ducks on the Pond at 5/3rd Field
I'm beating the bushes tonight.  I wanted to see the speedy Billy Hamilton, who plays shortstop for the Dayton Dragons.  I also wanted to check up on two players the Reds signed as teenagers, Yorman Rodriguez and Juan Duran.  Rodriguez out of Venezuela was signed as a 16-year old.  Duran from Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic was signed in 2008 as a 17-year old.

Hamilton can fly.  I'm sitting next to scouts from Seattle and Toronto in the Dragons press box.  We are all going to find out if he is a mudder.  Rain has delayed the start until 8:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment