About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, March 2, 2020

Reds Take On Dodgers




The Reds host the Los Angeles Dodgers this afternoon.

Sonny Gray and Trevor Bauer will pitch for the Reds.  Both starters are pitching in the same game because the Reds have the first of two days off on Tuesday.  David Bell wants them to stay on schedule.  There is plenty of time to separated them before the season starts.

Joey Votto is in the lineup for the second straight day also because of the day off.   Votto has no hits in games so far 0-for-12 but has walked six times.

"I didn't know that Joey didn't have any hits," Bell said.  "I know how many walks. It seems like he's been on base all spring.  Sometimes the walks could be your best at bats in the spring.  You get to see a lot of pitches."

David Price is pitching for the Dodgers,  He will face:

Shogo Akiyama CF
Joey Votto 1B
Freddy Galvis DH
Jesse Winker LF
Aristedes Aquino RF
Curt Casali C
Derek Dietrich 2B
Matt Davidson 3B
Alex Blandino SS

Gray and Bauer will pitch to:

Mookie Betts RF
Max Muncy 1B
Justin Turner 3B
Kike Hernandez SS
Matt Beaty LF
A.J. Pollock CF
Austin Barnes C
Will Smith DH
Gavin Lux 2B

Nick Castellanos reported after three six days but was sent home again.  "He didn't look 100% better to me," Bell said.








No comments:

Post a Comment