About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Carlos Santana Oye Como Va - Two Homers As Indians Sweep Reds





Oye Como Va........ For the Reds' not good, not good at all.  For Carlos Santana Bueno pa gazar.

In Spanish the musical namesake for Cleveland Indians firstbaseman answers the translated question, "How's it going?' with "Bueno pa gazar" or enjoy it.

Santana hit a pair of two run home runs to power the Indians to a 7-2 win over the ailing Tim Adleman and the Cincinnati Reds.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
Indians pitcher Josh Tomlin had two hits, including a third inning single that was the only hit Adleman allowed in the first three innings.

Zack Cozart lined a first inning pitch off Tomlin for the game's first hit but Tomlin retired the next nine hitters in a row.

The Indians scored first when Francisco Lindor singled into the shortstop hole between Cozart and thirdbase.  Cozart's quick throw went into the stands for a throwing error but it mattered little when Santana launched his sixth home run of the year.  A walk and an error by Brandon Phillps put runners at first and third with one out but Adleman joined a long list of Reds' starters in the trainers room with a strained left oblique.

"He will get an MRI tomorrow," Bryan Price said. "If I were to take a guess, I don't think he will make his next start. That's something you don't mess with."

"It was frustrating," Adleman said. "I am trying to help my team win. I had to come out in the fourth inning. It put my team in a hole."

The move left the struggling and over worked Reds' bullpen with another 5 2/3 innings to cover. Caleb

Cotham got out of the fourth with a double play ball.

The Reds countered.  Billy Hamilton hit a double into the rightfield corner.  Joey Votto belted his sixth home run onto the awning protecting the Reds' bullpen in left centerfield.

"The unfortunate part is I had to use him at all," Price said. "I was trying to stay away from him and get to Sampson.  He is more accustomed to pitching with runners on first and third.  He got us out of the inning. I've asked him to do a lot and he has. I admire him for that."

Cotham ran out of luck in the fifth.  Tomlin hit his first career double.  Rajai Davis, who entered the final game of this four game interleague set with a .583 average, two home runs and seven RBI, with a run scoring double.  Lindor singled to score Davis.  Santana hit his second home run, making this the sixth time in his career that he had two home runs in a game.

"I asked him for another inning and it didn't work out," Price said.  "I would like to see these guys get two days off, not one and go out again for an inning.  We have to have a good start, that goes deep in a game."

Juan Uribe greeted Keyvius Sampson with a single, the first of his two hits, in the sixth.  Tomlin sacrificed Uribe to second and Davis doubled again to drive in his second run of the game and ninth of the series.





No comments:

Post a Comment