About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, May 20, 2016

Tim Adleman Goes To DL, Steve Selsky Comes To Reds, Drew Hayes DFA





Another Red bites the dust on this rainy baseball night at Great American Ball Park.

Tim Adleman, who had to battle his way through two years of  Independent League Baseball, went on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left oblique.

He left the game in the fourth inning of his third big league start with a strained left oblique.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
'It was frustrating," Adleman said. "I put our team and bullpen in a hole. Yet, it is out of your control."

Adleman will rest and get treatment for a few days.  He was 1-1 with a 3.35 ERA with the Reds.

"Obliques have a history of being nagging injuries," Adleman said. "I just have to listen to the doctors.  I talked to Anthony DeSclafani. (DeSclafani has the same injury). He told me to listen to your body."

The Reds selected the contract of Steve Selsky from the Louisville Bats.  Selsky was drafted by the Reds out of the University of Arizona in the 33rd round.  He hit .317 in Louisville last season. Selsky was hitting .275 at Louisville with one home run and 11 RBI.


"I went into the Louisville weight room about 1:00 this afternoon.  Delino told me to get my stuff and that I'm going to Cincinnati.  It was a dream come true. It was something I wanted to do since I was small. In the minor leagues we talk about getting that break all the time.  Sometimes you have to be in the right place at the right time.  I played in games in Arizona the last two years, so I got the feel of it. I am sure this is different."

Selsky called his twin sister in New York and his wife Brittany in Santa Monica, California.  His parents Steve and Lou Ann were in Hawaii.  Steve played minor league baseball in the Dodgers and White Sox organizations.  His mother played volleyball at Long Beach State where she was an All-American.  She played in the Olympics.


Drew Hayes was designated for assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment