About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Xavier Holds On To Beat Dayton in Overtime 86-83

Tu Holloway scored 32 points and sealed the game with a rebound as Xavier prevented Dayton from taking a game in Cincinnati for the first time since 1981.

Xavier's turbulent season was marred by the loss of a 17-game home winning streak, a conference record 43-game winning streak against Atlantic 10 foes and most likely its string of five straight regular season conference titles.

But after dropping a 72-67 decision to the Flyers in Dayton on January 21st, Xavier avenged the loss and kept sent the Flyers up I-75 with another loss.

Holloway led all scorers but had help from Mark Lyons 20 points and Dezmine Wells 12.

The Flyers were led by Kevin Dillard with 20, including a huge basket with 1.2 seconds left to send the game to overtime.  Chris Johnson scored 18 as did Paul Williams.  Matt Kananaugh added 12 to Dayton's effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment