About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Finally Goodyear Arizona, Cincinnati Reds Spring Home

We arrived at the Reds facility at 7:30 local time (9:30 Cincinnati), looking like the 2,069 miles of bad road I just traveled in 36 hours, mostly Texas.  EW WEE that is one Big A-- State..

Hal McCoy will be my daily traveling partner as I am his driver for the spring, since his sight prevents him from driving.  Hal the Hall of Famer, is now number nine on the Base Ball Writers Association list, meaning there are just eight writers who have been members longer.

I tried to come up with a Reds player that wore the number nine to call Hall this spring but could only come up with Joe Oliver.  With due respect to Joe, I will call Hal, Roger Maris, who is a more fitting choice to match Hal's baseball writer status.

We meet with Dusty Baker at 8:30 and I will be writing of today's happenings later.

No comments:

Post a Comment