About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dayton Is Trying to Beat Xavier In Cincinnati For the First Time in a Generation

The Dayton Flyers have not beaten Xavier in Cincinnati in the lifetime of any of the current players.  Xavier coach Chris Mack was nine years old in 1981, the last time a Dayton Flyer team beat Xavier in Cincinnati.

The Flyers overcame a 9-0 run early in the first half and came back to take a five-point lead at halftime in the Cintas Center, current home of the Musketeers.

Dayton defeated Xavier 74-72 on January 10, 1981 and has not won in the Queen City since.

No comments:

Post a Comment