About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Reds Answer Questions Starting Monday

It is time for me to head west.  While I navigate the 1,800 miles from Cincinnati to Goodyear, AZ, I will be forming questions that the Reds will need to answer.

Can Aroldis Chapman make the transition from the bullpen to the starting rotation?
Will Scott Rolen's surgically repaired shoulder, allow him to play more games and protect Joey Votto in the batting order?
Will Homer Bailey and Jay Bruce live up to their potential?  Will Zack Cozart take over at shortstop and excell?
Will Bronson Arroyo shake off a subpar season and return to his form of consistency?

Spring games are for answering questions like these these on the major league level but it wasn't that many springs ago that Votto and Johnny Cueto established themselves.

Could Daniel Corcino burst onto the scene like Cueto a fellow Domincan did in 2008?
Will Denis Phipps make fans forget that the Reds traded talented prospects to obtain Mat Latos?

I will be reporting on this blog dailey from Goodyear with quotes from those who have intimate knowledge of the game.  I will blog about fun things to do in Phoenix and provide many dailey anecdotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment