About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Takin It Easy After Exciting Opening Day.

Cornie in Winslow Arizaona
Well, I’m running down the road
Tryin’ to loosen my load
I’ve got seven women on
My mind,
Four that wanna own me,
Two that wanna stone me,
One says she’s a friend of mine
Take it easy, take it easy




Well, I’m a standing on a corner
In winslow, arizona
And such a fine sight to see
It’s a girl, my lord, in a flatbed
Ford slowin’ down to take a look at me
Come on, baby, don’t say maybe
I gotta know if your sweet love is
Gonna save me





We may lose and we may win though
We will never be here again
So open up, I’m climbin’ in,
So take it easy



It was a long drive from Goodyear. It was 1,895 miles give or take a few.




I-44 from Flagstaff through Oklahoma City basically parallels old Route 66 (which is another set of lyrics) or as the call it Historic Route 66  The sign for route looks like a crown over my head.


I left the house we rented at 11:30 am eastern time on Wednesday.  I crossed the Brent Spence Bridge at 1:30 am eastern on Thursday.


I followed the game on my Blackberry unable to dial in WLW during the day.  I pulled over in Rolla, Mo about an hour west of St. Louis to eat recharge my phone and watch the last two innings.  The Applebees was in Cardinal territory and their game was on every TV. 


I watched the phone in while the Reds put on the improbable rally.  I would have loved to have been there.


Below is a video of the desert just east of Winslow.  Forgive the shot of the inside of my car and my jeens.  People think texting is hard while driving, shooting video is impossible.





No comments:

Post a Comment