About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Bruce is Back - Phillips Leading Off

Jay Bruce missed two games with illness and general soreness.

He is in the lineup today, batting sixth.

Brandon Phillips is leading off but don't read anything into it.  "It's spring training," Dusty Baker said.  "I'm going to try Bruce there some.  Some games I just want to get a guy three at bats with less innings in the field."

Yasmani Grandal is the designated hitter.

"Catchers get fewer at bats than the other guys," Baker said.  "I try to get position players 50-70 at bats.  Catchers sometimes only get 35."

No comments:

Post a Comment