About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bench Joins Reds in Goodyear

Johnny Bench observed batting practice this evening prior to the Reds exhibition game against the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Bench joined, Joe Morgan, Jack Billingham, Jim Maloney and Eric Davis as an extra set of eyes and ears for the coaching staff.

It was suggested to Dusty Baker that there weren't too many pitchers that hit with power, but the fourth year Reds manager, rattled off a list of names, including Bench and Roy Campanella.

Baker is using most of his regulars tonight.  He wants his "big boys" to get used to night baseball.  Jay Bruce was in the lineup but felt ill and was replaced by Danny Dorn in rightfield and the sixth spot in the lineup.

No comments:

Post a Comment