About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Playing Catch Up Peoria Ballpark Home of the Mariners and Padres

Peoria Park
It is a nice enough park but it seems to be in a wind tunnel between mountains.  Last year Ken Griffey Jr beat Kip Wells with a ninth inning grand slam.  It ended Wells career and turns out to be the last home run that Griffey hit.  He didn't hit one the rest of the spring and none before he retired later in the season.

The Reds pitchers looked good for the second day in a row.  Dontrelle Willis, "threw strike after strike," as Dusty Baker said.

The Reds young prospects are impressive.  Shortstop Billy Hamilton made a very nice play for the second time in as many games.  Juan Duran, 19-years old, 6'7" of outfielder, has a nice swing and can run for a man his size.  

My biggest complaint was the city provided internet access but filters out sites and for some odd reason it prevented me from getting on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment