About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Yasmani Grandal's First Hitting Session

With Dusty Baker watching intently along with batting coach Brook Jacoby, the Reds first pick in last year's draft, Yasmani Grandal hit in the batting cage for the first time.

The switch hitting catching prospect out of the University of Miami, Florida has a nice compact swing.  He hit the ball hard from gap to gap as they worked on situational hitting, hit and run, moving the runner from second base, hitting with the infield in and back and sacrifice flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment