About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tall Pitching Staff Begins to Throw

A lot of the Reds pitchers in camp could play for Chris Mack at Xavier or Mick Cronin at UC.

"I look around camp and I see some tall pitchers," Dusty Baker said Wednesday on the first day of Spring Training workouts.  Of course if he looked down he could see Daniel Ray Herrera, who at 5'6" is knee high to a secondbaseman or Mike Leake, who is generously listed at 6'1" but is more like 5'10".


In this bullpen session Logan Ondrusek is 6'8", Aroldis Chapman is 6'4", Jordan Smith is also 6'4".  Jerry Gil a converted outfielder is the runt at 6'3" and local product Matt Klinker out of Lakota West High and Furman University is 6'4"

No comments:

Post a Comment