About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Edinson Volquez Got His Work In

Edinson Volquez, already anointed the Reds opening day starter, is not allowed to participate in games in which the teams charge admissions.



The U.S. State Department that is stationed in the Domincan Republic issued only a travel visa to Volquez.  His problems originated with his 50-game suspension for testing positive for a banned substance.

To keep him on schedule, the righthander threw live batting practice to a group of minor leaguers at the Reds complex.  He threw the equivalent of two innings.

No comments:

Post a Comment