About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Volquez Will Not Start Against the Indians Visa Problems

Edinson Volquez was supposed to start against the Cleveland Indians in the exhibition opener.

Visa problems caused by his suspension for a banned substance prevented Volquez from obtaining a work visa. He has a visitors visa instead.  He will probably have to return to the Dominican Republic to get it straightened out.

In the meantime, the Reds opening day starter, is prevented from pitching in a game that people pay to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment