About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, March 17, 2023

Graham Ashcraft Throws Zeroes At Guardians. Joey Votto Taking Good Swings

 


   `

Graham Ashcraft handcuffed the Cleveland Guardians and Joey Votto singled for his first official hit of the spring. 

Votto singled in the Reds game on Wednesday against the Chicago Cubs before rain erased game and Votto's hit.

Tyler Stephenson hit a line drive off of Aaron Civale's left toe but the hurler stayed in the game long enough to surrender doubles to Curt Casali and Jose Barrero both hits missed leaving Goodyear Ballpark by inches.  Jonathan India singled home a run in a three-run frame.

Votto also walked and stole a base. He lined out deep to center field in his last at bat.

Ashcraft threw four-plus innings, exhausting his 60-pitch limit after walked Josh Naylor leading off the fifth.  He allowed two hits and struck out five.  Hunter Greene is the only Reds' pitcher to complete five innings so far.

"Everything felt great.  I feel like I'm not forcing it," Ashcraft said. "I'm in a really good spot to begin the season.  The second inning got a little out of hand with my mechanics but I got it straightened out right away.  Physically, I've felt better than I've ever have." 






No comments:

Post a Comment