About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Jonathan India And Kyle Farmer Get Key Hits As Reds Split Series With Red Sox

 

 ` J

Jonathan India drove in Stuart Fairchild twice with singles and Kyle Farmer broke an 0-for-18 slump with a two-run single against the shift to promote the Reds to a 5-1 win over the Boston Red Sox.r 

"I've been struggling for a couple days, hitting the ball right at people," Farmer said.  "Sometimes the ball just falls in. It can turn in a hurry.  I'm thankful for the shift and there was nobody there."

Chase Anderson repeated his performance in his last start against the Cardinals with five-innings of one-run baseball.  He allowed three hits, including a Rafael Devers single that set up Alex Verdugo's sacrifice fly.

"Chase has been a good pitcher for a long time," David Bell said.  "I'm really excited about him mixing pitches and the improvements that he's made."

Anderson pitched for Milwaukee under Reds' pitching coach Derek Johnson.


"It is a step in the right direction.  I didn't walk anybody and that's huge," Anderson said.  "My goal coming here was to keep making improvements and build my pitch count up.  It is good being back with Derek Johnson.  He's the best pitching coach, I've been with."

The Reds scored three fifth inning runs against Red Sox rookie Connor Seabold, who threw four wild pitches.  He lasted five innings, allowing four runs on six singles.

Fernando Cruz, Reiver Sanmartin and Derek Law followed Anderson to the mound for the Reds.  They kept the Red Sox off the scoreboard.  Law went back out for his second inning, seeking his 11th career save and first since he was with Toronto in 2019.

Donovan Solano hit his fourth home run off Franklin German with two outs in the ninth.

Alexis Diaz entered the game after Devers and Xander Bogaerts hit one-out singles.  He got Verdugo to end the game with a comebacker for a game ending double play to earn his eighth save.







No comments:

Post a Comment