About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, March 4, 2021

Shogo Akiyama's Wife Injured In Sharon Woods


 



The mystery of Shogo Akiyama's absence from the Reds' spring training camp ended today.

Akiyama returned to Goodyear after flying back to Cincinnati to visit his wife in an area hospital.

His wife, Akaya, was walking in Sharon Woods when a tree fell across her path causing serious injury.  She was taken by air care to an area hospital.

Akiyama left camp that night and spent a lot of time with his wife in the hospital before returning on Thursday to Goodyear.  After re-entry Covid protocol, Akiyama, will work on the back fields until Sunday when manager David Bell plans to get him into games.

"I met with him today and told him it was a good idea to wait until Sunday," Bell said.

Akiyama was able to do some limited work in Cincinnati but spent most of his time in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment