About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Wade Miley Pedro Strop Debut Brewers Home Runs Are Too Much


 
Wade Miley got into trouble in his first official inning as a Red.

Justin Smoak hit a ground ball single to right against the shift.  Scott Schebler could not get to a fly down the line in right.  The ball fell inside the fair line  It fell for a ground rule double.  Logan Morrison followed with a long home run.

"I felt really good. I liked the way the ball was coming out of my hand," Miley said.  "I made a mistake to 'LoMo (Morrison) and he got me.  The dink and the dunk are part of the game. 
i'm looking forward to keep improving."

"I had a couple of two strike counts, I should have finished but I went to 2-2 smf 3-2 that made Mia little bit tough," Miley said.  "I have to sharpen up and get myself in better situations.  That's what we are here for."

Pedro Strop returned to camp after some personal time off.  He allowed a run in his inning. He walked Smoak. Cain singled.  Morrison reached on an error by Joey Votto to load the bases. Ryan Healy hit into a double play as Smoak scored.

The Reds scored off Josh Hader.  Alfredo Rodrigues singled and a double by Mark Payton sent him home.

Top Brewers prospect Corey Ray hit a long home run to center off former Brewer Tyler Thornburg.

The Reds scored again in the seventh inning.  Christian Colon hit a sacrifice fly to left with the bases loaded to score Schebler, who singled, advanced to second when Jose Garcia walked. Mike Siani singled to load the bases.

The Reds loaded the bases with no outs in the ninth inning but only scored one on a force play to make the final score 5-3.

"Miley looked healthy," Bell said.  "There were three hits that could have gone the other way for him.  When you have a few extra pitches to major league hitters, that can happen.  Other than one pitch he looked pretty good. It was an encouraging outing."

Bad luck was involved in Strop's first outing.

"He looked good.  He made some pitches to get out of that jam," Bell said.  "He also had some plays that could have gone the other way.  It was good to see him out there.  He also had some tightness early in camp. He had to cover first on a play and came out perfectly fine."












No comments:

Post a Comment