About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Scooter Gennett Wins Arbitration Over Reds





Scooter Gennett won his arbitration case against the Cincinnati Reds on Saturday.
The Reds will pay Gennett $5.7 million for the 2018 season, $600,000 more than the Reds’ figure, after putting himself in the record books with a four-home run game, that included a grand slam against St. Louis last season

“I said earlier, win or lose it was a good experience,” said Gennett, who hit 27 home runs last season filling in at secondbase for the Reds’ last season.  “To be able to go through that process, i wouldn’t have learned how things go. Obviously it’s nice winning, as athletes we want to win, but at the same time. I learned a lot.”

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
The Reds picked Gennett, who was born in Cincinnati, off waivers from the Milwaukee Brewers.

“There are no hard feelings or anything like that,” Gennett said.  “Our side did a good job.  Their side did a good job”

Gennett worked his way into a regular role with his offensive production and played five postions, pitching one inning.

The Reds have an opening at secondbase this season.  Jose Peraza, who was the starter at secondbase to begin the season will move to shortstop with the free-agent departure of All-Star Zach Cozart.

Today’s decision frees Gennett to pursue the job without distraction.

“To be honest, I haven’t focused or worried about any of the arbitration,” Gennett said. “But now that’s behind all I have to do is show up every day to be the best player I can be and the best teammate.”

No comments:

Post a Comment