About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Billy Hamilton And Scott Schebler Available In Limited Roles







Billy Hamilton and Scott Schebler left the game between the Atlanta Braves and the Reds with strained left shoulders on Saturday..  Both throw right-handed.  Hamilton is a switch hitter while Schebler bats left-handed.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
Manager Bryan Price knew little about the pair before the Sunday game with the Braves but Hamilton was replaced in centerfield by Arismendy Alcantara.  Schebler's rightfield position was manned by Scooter Gennett.

After the game Price offered that both were available in limited roles on Sunday and with a little improvement could play against the St. Louis Cardinals on Monday.

"If they aren't in the starting lineup they will be available in limited roles," Price said.

Schebler said after the game Saturday, "I had full range of motion and full strength when I got to the clubhouse.  It was a stinger (like a funny bone).  I had the same thing in Toronto but it went away faster.  This time it was still numb when I walked off the field.  If I'm not in the lineup tomorrow, I will probably be ready on Monday."

No comments:

Post a Comment