About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Ryan Raburn and Tucker Barnhart Out With Minor Injuries Amir Garrett Needs Polish




Ryan Raburn took a knee to the head last night when 6'4" 215 Jordan Patterson ran down the line to beat a throw that took Raburn into the baseline.

"Raburn has a little neck stiffness," Bryan Price said. "I don't have him in there tomorrow but if he comes in feeling great, I'll put him in the lineup. They are going to to check him for concussion because I think they should. We feel like its the responsible thing to do. He didn't show any signs yesterday but we want to follow up. There is not a lot of concern that it will be an issue."

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
Tucker Barnhart has been out three days with a stiff back.  He is feeling good today but it will be his first day of activity after a couple days of treatment only.  He will catch a bullpen and take some batting practice.

"I think he's fine but I want to give him an activity day and he will be back in tomorrow," Price said.

The Reds want to see good command on all three of Amir Garrett's pitches for him to make the starting rotation.  While the other candidates for the rotation could work out of the bullpen.

"I wouldn't want to do that with Amir," Price said. "If he doesn't make the rotation, it will be because he needs polish on his secondary pitches.  That would be better served by starting at Louisville."


No comments:

Post a Comment