About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, August 1, 2016

Jay Bruce Traded To Mets




The Reds traded the National League's RBI leader Jay Bruce to the New York Mets for 22-year old secondbaseman.Dilson Herrera and 20-year old LHP Matt Wotell.

Herrera was signed by the Pittsburgh Pirates as a non-drafted free agent from Columbia in 2010.  He was traded to the Mets for Marlon Byrd at the trading deadline in 2013.

Herrera has 49 games of Major League experience in which he has hit .215 with six home runs and 17 RBI.  He is hitting .276 with 13 home runs and 55 RBI in 86 games with the Mets Triple A team in Las Vegas.

Wotel was the Mets third round choice in the 2015 draft.

Wotel has made six starts with Kingsport in the Rookie League with a 3-1 3.94 ERA.

No comments:

Post a Comment