About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, May 6, 2016

Devin Mesoraco's Season Ending With Surgery Tuesday



Devin Mesoraco will have surgery on Tuesday to repair a torn left labrum.

It is unknown when the injury occurred but Mesoraco sent his MRI to another Doctor, who confirmed Dr. Kremchek's original diagnosis.

"It sucks. It's frustrating," Mesoraco said. "It is certainly not the way I drew things up. This is the next step to getting on the field."

It will take four months to recover from the injury to the non-throwing shoulder.

Mesoraco worked all winter to comeback from hip surgery in June.  He avoided surgery for two months before the pain became too much.

"This one (decision) was more clear cut," Mesoraco said. "I didn't want it to continue on. I'm in pain every day.  It hurts driving reaching for something. If I was a writer, I wouldn't have to have surgery."

Manager Bryan Price has become numb to the rash of injuries.

"I think you all know what it feels like to have a guy who worked so hard to come back, then something that had nothing to do with a previous injury," Price said. "We don't know how this injury originated.  We do know it is injured and it will require surgery."

No comments:

Post a Comment