About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Devin Mesoraco Is Out In Leftfield And Sheds The Tools Of Ignorance






Devin Mesoraco will be playing leftfield in Columbus tomorrow, turning in his catcher's gear for the foreseeable future.

The 26-year old, who has a hip impingement which prevents him from catching, is learning a new position to get his potent bat into the Reds' lineup.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
" I think it’s more likely that he’ll work out today and head to Triple-A and play in Columbus tomorrow," Price said. "So this is going to happen sooner rather than later. I’ve gotten great reports from Billy Hatcher and Jim Riggleman on how Devin’s been handling this transition and really good reports from Paul Lessard on how he is feeling physically. And speaking with Devin, he feels that he’s ready. At this point in time I think the game situation, the game environment is going to be the best possible – well, let me put it this way: will be the finishing touches to his preparation to rejoin the club and play some outfield for us."

Mesoraco worked on throws from leftfield to all the bases with Hatcher this morning along with Ivan De Jesus Jr.

http://pro-ball.com/
"I feel good out there," Mesoraco said.  "There is a lot more running around than I'm used to. You can't tell a whole lot until you get in a game. The hip feels good. It's gotten a whole lot better. I'm excited about getting back out there to play some ball.  I haven't been able to help the team much."
Order Amazon at right

Surgery was considered but will not be necessary, enabling Mesoraco to help the Reds this season after signing a four-year extension this winter.

"When we thought I might have surgery, I thought I would miss the summer of playing ball. I haven't missed that in 15 years,"" Mesoraco said. "My biggest question is whether or not to wear a cup."


No comments:

Post a Comment