About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Reds To Have Recharged Battery In Philadelphia






Tony Cingrani threw 25 pitches in the bullpen and Devin Mesoraco went 2-for-3 with an RBI playing for Louisville in Norfolk, Virginia last night.

If all remains well, the pair may be the pitcher and catcher in Philadelphia on Saturday, facing Cole Hamels.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
"I feel fine. I feel strong," Cingrani said of today's bullpen session that followed and 80 pitch session on Monday.  "I can't wait to get out there against the Phillies.  I didn't want to go on the disabled list but it is good to get a break.  I didn't want to take the break it put too much pressure on the other four guys.but I think it helped."

Cingrani was upfront about is disagreement with the Reds' management about going to the DL.

“He did throw on the off day with more aggression," Bryan Price said. "It sounded like it went very, very well. We’re optimistic. You know what we’re looking for? We’re looking for a stronger shoulder and a pain-free delivery, and I think we’re close, but we want to be all the way there before he’s activated. We anticipate him being able to pitch on the road trip. That being said, until we get through that last stage, we won’t make a commitment to him starting.”

Mesoraco will play at least on more game for Louisville and possibly two.

“Everything’s good with Meso," Price said.  "We’re going to increase his workload each game, and we don’t anticipate any reason to think there should be any setbacks, but you know hamstrings are tricky things, and I think a 2-3 game look will give us a pretty good idea of whether he’s ready to go.”

"

No comments:

Post a Comment