About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Homer Bailey Scratched From Start




Homer Bailey was scratched from his scheduled start against Milwaukee on Saturday.

Bailey has a mildly strained right groin.

"We just decided to be cautious," manager Bryan Price said. "He is right on time.  He's throwing the ball good, so we're just going to push him back."

The Reds have had various ailments and injuries to all five current starter since 2012, when none of the team's five starters missed a start.

"It is better now than when the season starts," Price said. "Optimistically, I think we can start the season with all five in tact.  A lot of these things, if it were during the season, they would have pitched through these injuries.  I don't think the Homer thing will be an issue. Johnny Cueto is feeling good. Mat (Latos) came out of yesterday; feeling good. Leake seems to be over the hump.  It doesn' t make sense to run these guys through."

Price didn't know for sure or when Bailey would be ready to pitch in a spring game agains.

Latos will pitch in his first Cactus League game this week, probably Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment